It’s common for celebrities to destroy their careers. Of course, it normally takes a while for that to happen.
Other celebrities, though, seemed to be doing a speedrun of destroying their careers. And here are the biggest celebs who did that in RECORD time.
Chris Benoit. World famous and beloved wrestler who committed a double homicide, son and wife, suicide. -Willste
2. Gia Carangi. She started modeling in 1978 at the age of 18. Reached her peak in 1979 and was considered THE supermodel. But by 1980 her career was already in steep decline due to her hardcore drug addiction alongside her erratic personality making her difficult to work with. by 1981 her career was basically over at only age 21.
She tried to make multiple comebacks but it never stuck and officially left the modeling industry for good in 1983. She ended up working as a store clerk and even a prostitute for some time but in 1986 she ended up dying of AIDS at age 26 suspected to be caused by contaminated heroin needles.
She was in such poor condition when she died that when the doctors picked her up the skin fell off her back. no one in the fashion industry attended her funeral or even knew she had died. she fell just as quickly as she rose. In the end, no one she thought cared about her in new york ended up being there for her during her final months except for the friends she made in rehab. -AltruisticBreak9
3. The Hollywood of yesteryear had more than its fair share of career implosions such as Fatty Arbuckle and Harry Langdon but few can match Wallace Reid. Described as “the screen’s most perfect lover”, he was an all-round athlete and musician who wanted to move from theatre to film. He approached Vitagraph Studios with a story hoping he could direct it but the studio jumped on the opportunity to cast the 6-foot blue-eyed Reid as a matinee idol.
By 1922, he had appeared in nearly 200 pictures and even tried out for the Indy 500. Reid was hiding a secret, however. In 1919, he had been involved in a train wreck and was prescribed morphine for his injuries. As the pressure of stardom grew, he rapidly became addicted regularly spending 1,000 dollars on morphine but audiences noticed his rapid weight loss and gaunt features.
He collapsed on set in October 1922 and was sent to a sanatorium where he was locked in a padded cell as he tried to detox. He died of influenza on January 19th, 1923 and his death was a huge shock to the public, the first celebrity drug death.
Jared Fogle (the Subway guy). The things discovered about him are quite disturbing. Prison is an appropriate place for him. -u/Skirt_Thin
5. Jan-Michael Vincent of Airwolf fame. His alcohol and drug abuse ruined a promising career and turned him into walking mummy towards the end. -u/RappScallion73
6. Aaron Hernandez. Played tight end for the New England Patriots. Fresh off a new contract. Killed his friend, found guilty, then took his own life during the appeal. -u/c_c_c__combobreaker
7. Allison Mack. For those who don’t know, she was part of a sex slave cult. -u/Zazilium
8. Ian Watkins. Went from the frontman of a world-famous rock band, to doing 30 years for child sex offenses. -u/Mackem101
9. Mason Greenwood. Went from being effectively the top young prospect at Man United to never touching a professional football field again. F*ck him. -u/ClickableLink
10. OJ Simpson. -u/Foskey
11. Someone who was born into one of the most famous families in the world so would have anything he wanted. What he wanted was just that little bit too far. No sweating it. Come on down Prince Andrew. -u/ninja-wharrier
12. Mark Salling. The guy who played Puck in Glee. Maybe not the BIGGEST star. But he was a fan favorite on a huge show. Got caught with Child Pornography, Pleaded Guilty, then hanged himself. That’s a pretty hard downward spiral. -u/SuperSaiyanBen
13. Tila Tequila going from bisexual reality TV vixen to Nazi was pretty astonishing. -u/MsCellophane
14. Ezra Miller has me thinking We Need to Talk About Kevin was a documentary….. -u/TheStonedVampire
15. Armie Hammer comes from a crazy, Succession-like family. He was accused of being a cannibal in 2021. -u/LaMareeNoire
16. Kevin Spacey getting revealed to be a predator, using his sexuality as an excuse, getting fired from his projects and then posting an insane super-villain-level youtube video as Frank Underwood basically blaming the viewers for being complicit. -u/soysaucesausage
17. Rosanne did one of the fastest disappearing acts that I can think of. -u/Aggravating_Dot_5217
Has everyone forgotten Charlie Sheen? Did #winning stop winning? What about Tiger Blood and a bevy of porn stars? He went down so hard they made a series vaguely based on it and cast him in the lead role. -u/jaredearle